Our attorneys have extensive experience representing multi-level marketing and direct sales companies with the unique legal issues that arise in the MLM and direct sales industry, including:
- Disputes involving domestic and foreign distributors, suppliers, manufacturers and strategic alliances.
- Dismissal of numerous actions brought by distributors against multi-level marketing companies.
- Permanent injunctions against former distributors prohibiting them from using or distributing distributor lists or other confidential and proprietary information.
- Judicial recognition of distributor lists as trade secrets under Utah law.
- Disputes over intellectual property.
- Consumer protection issues.
- Litigation related to anti-pyramid schemes, FTC regulatory action, cross-recruiting and false advertising.
- Preventative litigation preparation.
- Registration of U.S.-based MLM companies in Japan.
- Compliance with Japanese laws.
- Dispute resolution involving distributors, suppliers, manufacturers and strategic alliances.
- Contracts and licensing agreements.
- Business structure and other corporate issues.
- Representation related to intellectual property infringement and protection.
- Divestiture of a U.S. partner's share of an MLM company to a Japanese partner.
- Intellectual property audit.
- Representation related to infringement, protection and trade secrets.
Employment and Labor
- Non-competition litigation.
- Americans with Disabilities Act issues.
- ERISA issues.
- Termination, sexual harassment and personal injury.
- Corporate policies.
- Counsel on issues related to the tax consequences of retirement plans, investors, stock options, and successors.
- Resolution of state sales tax issues.